Collegiate Edge Services | The Comprehensive Process
How We Help
If you’re looking for comprehensive, expert support and guidance for the entire college planning, search, and application process, this is for you. We guide students and families seeking a unique and personalized journey, leading to their right-fit college.
Find your college and yourself along the way.
The entire team of Collegiate Edge consultants works collaboratively to support students through the Comprehensive Process. Either Flip or Muffy will be the lead consultant and primary contact, but we all work together in close consultation throughout the student’s process.
Looking Ahead & Preparation (Grades 8, 9, & 10)
- Planning high school curriculum and encouraging appropriate extracurricular and summer activities.
- Assistance in selecting and applying to summer programs, and making other summer plans.
- Standardized test planning (SAT, ACT, others): Which to take, when to take them, how to prepare.
Assessment & Student Self-Assessment
- Assessment of learning style, including reading and summarizing neuropsychological testing results, and recommending testing if necessary.
- Guiding student through a self-assessment process, leading to greater self-awareness, and to clarifying priorities, interests and goals for college and beyond.
- Collaboration with other professionals on the student’s behalf, including high school counselors, test prep providers, and learning specialists.
Building the College List
- Guiding student through a thoughtful college research process, resulting in a highly personalized college list.
- Advice on planning and getting the most out of college campus visits.
- Incorporating advice and guidance from the high school counselor.
Preparing & Submitting Applications
- Planning, organizing and supervising the entire college application process, including help with managing deadlines (No parent nagging needed!).
- Considering application options such as Early Decision, Early Action, Rolling Admissions and others.
- Complete guidance through the entire essay writing process from brainstorming to polished pieces.
- Resume preparation support.
- Thorough review of each application before the student clicks “submit”.
Follow Through on the Application Process
- Maintaining appropriate communication with college admission offices throughout the process.
- Guidance on submitting test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation and other materials.
- Interview preparation, including tips, rehearsals, and follow-up.
- Recommendation letters: Who to ask, how to ask, and how to get great ones.
- Specific processes for artists, athletes, and students with special circumstances and needs.
- Discussing final enrollment decisions, including strategies for wait lists and appeals.
Paying for College
- Advice and guidance on Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Interpreting and comparing financial aid and scholarship offers.