Collegiate Edge Services | The Comprehensive Package
How I Help
If you’re looking for comprehensive, expert support and guidance for the entire college planning, search, and application process, this is for you. I guide students and families seeking a unique and personalized journey, leading to their right-fit college.
Find your college and yourself along the way.
Looking Ahead & Preparation (Grades 8, 9, & 10)
- Planning high school curriculum and encouraging appropriate extracurricular and summer activities.
- Assistance in selecting and applying to summer programs, and making other summer plans.
- Standardized test planning (SAT, ACT, others): Which to take, when to take them, how to prepare.
Assessment & Student Self-Assessment
- Assessment of learning style, including reading and summarizing neuropsychological testing results, and recommending testing if necessary.
- Guiding student through a self-assessment process, leading to greater self-awareness, and to clarifying priorities, interests and goals for college and beyond.
- Collaboration with other professionals on the student’s behalf, including high school counselors, test prep providers, and learning specialists.
Building the College List
- Guiding student through a thoughtful college research process, resulting in a highly personalized college list.
- Advice on planning and getting the most out of college campus visits.
- Incorporating advice and guidance from the high school counselor.
Preparing & Submitting Applications
- Planning, organizing and supervising the entire college application process, including help with managing deadlines (No parent nagging needed!).
- Considering application options such as Early Decision, Early Action, Rolling Admissions and others.
- Complete guidance through the entire essay writing process from brainstorming to polished pieces.
- Resume preparation support.
- Thorough review of each application before the student clicks “submit”.
Follow Through on the Application Process
- Maintaining appropriate communication with college admission offices throughout the process.
- Guidance on submitting test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation and other materials.
- Interview preparation, including, tips, rehearsals and follow up.
- Recommendation letters: Who to ask, how to ask, and how to get great ones.
- Specific processes for artists, athletes, and for students with special circumstances and needs.
- Discussing final enrollment decision, including strategies for wait lists and appeals.
Paying for College
- Advice and guidance on Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Interpreting and comparing financial aid and scholarship offers.