Buckle up and eat your Wheaties! This is a fun, fast-moving work session, in which we will accomplish as much as possible of any remaining tasks in the college preparation and application process in a single meeting. It may last as long as 3 ½ hours.
This is a free-standing, working meeting, appropriate for grades 11 or 12, or for transfer students, includes the student and at least one parent or caretaker, and can take place in-person in Los Angeles, CA, or via Zoom.
This workshop will include:
- Gathering any information necessary for me to offer sound suggestions and guidance
- Transcript and curriculum review and/or planning for any remaining high school classes
- Review of any prior, and planning preparation for any future standardized tests
- Review and/or brainstorming of extracurricular and summer activities
- Exploration of student’s interests, college goals, priorities, and parameters for the college list (including financial)
Depending on the timing of the meeting and your needs I can also provide:
- Feedback on an existing college list, and/or develop the college list as much as possible with additional suggestions and ideas
- Support for deciding whether or where to apply via Early Decision, Early Action, Early Decision 2, Regular Decision or Rolling Decision application rounds.
- Feedback, brainstorming, or advice on any part of the college applications, including essays, resumes and activity lists, and tips for completing the forms
- Guidance on submitting test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and other materials
- General guidance on completing financial aid applications and how/where to find scholarships
- Advice and preparation for interviews and campus visits
- Suggestions for ongoing communication with colleges throughout the application process