Buckle up and eat your Wheaties! This is a fun, fast-moving work session, in which Stephanie will help you accomplish as much as possible of any remaining tasks in the college preparation and application process in a single meeting. It may last as long as 3 ½ hours.
This is a free-standing, working meeting, appropriate for grades 11 or 12, or for transfer students, includes the student and at least one parent or caretaker, and can take place in person in Los Angeles, CA, or via Zoom.
This workshop will include:
- Gathering any information necessary to enable Stephanie to offer sound suggestions and guidance
- Transcript and curriculum review and/or planning for any remaining high school classes
- Review of any prior, and planning preparation for any future standardized tests
- Review and/or brainstorming of extracurricular and summer activities
- Exploration of student’s interests, college goals, priorities, and parameters for the college list (including financial)
Depending on the timing of the meeting and your needs Stephanie can also provide:
- Feedback on an existing college list, and/or develop the college list as much as possible with additional suggestions and ideas
- Support for deciding whether or where to apply via Early Decision, Early Action, Early Decision 2, Regular Decision or Rolling Decision application rounds.
- Feedback, brainstorming, or advice on any part of the college applications, including essays, resumes and activity lists, and tips for completing the forms
- Guidance on submitting test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and other materials
- General guidance on completing financial aid applications and how/where to find scholarships
- Advice and preparation for interviews and campus visits
- Suggestions for ongoing communication with colleges throughout the application process